Data categories may appear on this list in two ways:
- Data has been mapped to this system from an activity, in which case the “Mapped to activities” field will indicate a number of activities from where the data has been mapped.
Notice that the number of activities can be clicked to see the list of activities.
Data categories that are claimed by an activity cannot be removed from the system.
- Data categories may be added directly to the system. This is relevant if for example the data category has been identified by a scanning tool.
Data categories that have not been claimed by the business will be marked with “No” under “Mapped to activities” and can be removed from the system by the system responsibles.
- Name: the name used to search for and identify the data category
- Category (group): a grouping of data categories e.g. a data category named “Address” could be in a category (group)called “Contact details”
- Privacy classification: the GDPR classification of the data category
- N/A: data object is not personal data
- Generic art. 6: normal personal data
- Sensitive art. 9: sensitive personal data as described under article 9 in GDPR (e.g. health data)
- Criminal art. 10: data containing criminal records of individuals
- National id art. 87: National identifier that can be used to uniquely identify an individual e.g. health insurance number
- Business classification: the business classification of the data category (Unclassified, Confidential, Secret or Top secret)
- Mapped to activity: indicator that display if the data category is mapped to any activities
- Tags: tags used for filtering data category
Add data category
Click on the “Add data category” button and select the desired data category from the drop-down list.
Create new data category
Click on the white button called “New data category” to create a new data category. This feature is limited to the Client/Partition admin.