Update data list on a contract
Data objects are the definition of the data that is being processed as a result of the contract.
Data objects may appear on this list in two ways:
- Data has been mapped to this contract from an activity, in which case the “Mapped to activities” field will indicate a number of activities from where the data has been mapped.
Notice that the number of activities can be clicked to see the list of activities.
Data objects that are claimed by an activity cannot be removed from the contract here.
- Data objects may be added directly to the contract. This is relevant if for example the data object has been identified by a scanning tool, or if the business operations has not yet mapped out their use of data/information per contract.
Data objects that have not been claimed by the business will be marked with “No” under “Mapped to activities” and can be removed from the contract by the contract responsibles.
- Name: the name used to search for and identify the data object
- Category: a grouping of data objects e.g. a data object named “Address” could be in a category called “Contact details”
- Privacy classification: the GDPR classification of the data object (
- N/A: data object is not personal data
- Generic art. 6: normal personal data
- Sensitive art. 9: sensitive personal data as described under article 9 in GDPR (e.g. health data)
- Criminal art. 10: data containing criminal records of individuals
- National id art. 87: National identifier that can be used to uniquely identify an individual e.g. health insurance number
- Business classification: the business classification of the data object (Unclassified, Confidential, Secret or Top secret)
- Mapped to activity: indicator that display if the data category is mapped to any activities
- Tags: tags used for filtering data objects
Add data object
Click on the “Add data object” button and select the desired data object from the drop-down list.
Create new data object
Click on the white button called “New data object” to create a new data object. This feature is limited to the Client/Partition admin.